Monday, April 5, 2010

Fine, be that way!

I bebop toward my office with a happy little booty shake, clutching my acceptance letter from Flash Me Magazine tight in my grubby, ink-stained hands. I want to post it on my wall. A bright shiny beacon of success to stand out against the dreary wallpaper of rejection notices.

I step across the threshold and see them, all three of them. I pause. Kristen looks at me. “How could you?” she sniffs before she throws her nose up in the air and turns her back on me.

“How could I what?” I turn to Reese. “What is the drama queen talking about? What have I done now?”

Reese stands there, a stack of papers in his hand. “You would rather spend your time with these…these…” He glances at the story in his hand. “These children than with us.” Shaking his head in disgust, he tosses the papers back on to the desk. They slide to the floor in a scattered mess. He spins on his heel and storms from the room.

A deep sigh escapes me. These people that live in my head are going to be the death of me.

“Careful what you think,” the third character in the room whispers in my ear. “I could make it happen.”

Yikes! A shiver runs down my spine as I hide the acceptance letter behind my back. I better get back to work on Prey.

3 comments:

  1. Darn those jealous characters! They're not very understanding, are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's about time, is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I left you a little something at my site. :)

    ReplyDelete