Friday, April 2, 2010

You put what where?

Life at my house is never boring.

For example, let me share with you a text message exchange that occurred between myself and my teenaged son earlier this week...

Son: Hey, Mom, when u get home look in my bathroom. I left ya’ something there.

Me: What?

Son: ; p

Me: Son…

Son: A surprise

Me: What is it?

Son: Nope. Surprise.

Time passes. I worry. I text Son.

Me: What kind of surprise? Good or bad?

Son: Good… I think.

Me: Tell me… NOW

Son: It’s a goat.

Me: WHAT?!? You left a GOAT in your bathroom? WHY? How did it get there? Where did it come from? How old is it? Does it have food? Water?

Son: 2 yrs & yeah, water

AAARRGGHHHH!!!!! Does anyone know how much damage a 2 year old goat can do in a small confined space? I finally get home from work, race to the bathroom, fling open the door and find... a horrible smell, a huge mess and...

a three week old "bottle baby" goat.

I cleaned and deodorized the bathroom, found a new home for the baby goat, and asked my son nicely to avoid bringing me any more "surprises"!

As I said, life at my house is NEVER boring.

3 comments:

  1. LOL wow. That sounds amazingly disgustingly un-boring, Glenda :D Where did he get the goat, anyway? :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! A goat?!? That is a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only at my house...

    He claims the gaot was wondering down the middle of the road all by himself

    ReplyDelete